Swizzle, a snappy little tropical bar from cocktail ace and Employees Only barkeep Danilo “Dacha” Bozovic, opens tonight at the Washington Park Hotel in South Beach.
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill SoBe drinking establishment.
Sure, it’s technically a lobby bar in a hotel. So there’s that common denominator.
But here are a few dissimilarities you might want to take note of:
1) It’s all about the swizzle. Yes, the rum-filled Caribbean concoction that’s whipped up into a frothy frenzy using a swizzle stick. But here, they’ve got mezcal and pisco versions on the menu, too. Just… keeping you on your toes.
2) The guy behind it is a longtime bartender who’s spent time at NYC’s Employees Only. He also wrote a book called Barkeep. You probably won’t hate these drinks.
3) There’s an indoor and outdoor component here. Inside: a mid-century modern vibe with a marble-top semicircular bar and windows looking out to the lawn. Outside: bistro lights and tables set under yellow-and-white umbrellas.
4) Smoky plantain chips and cauliflower hummus will be keeping your swizzle company.
5) The liquor license covers the entire block of buildings between 10th and 11th, so you can stroll around with your swizzle and play ping-pong or Jenga outside.
Multitasking at its finest.
Is this your business?
Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business.