Fried Meatballs, Prosecco Italian Ice and Other Delicious Curiosities
Bar Lupo, a new neighborhood Italian spot from the man behind Maple & Ash and the talented barwoman behind the Drifter, is now open in River North.
It is not like other neighborhood Italian spots.
For starters, it’s probably the only place in the city where you can watch the World Series and eat
fried cheesy meatballs
at the same time.
Below, you’ll find a few other reasons…
1) Most likely, this will serve more as a drinking place where you happen to eat than an eating place where you happen to drink. So, yes, it’s a bar.
2) There’s some New Testament–inspired graffiti art on the wall, and the Velvet Underground will buzz from the stereo. You may move on to the next reason now.
3) You won’t see copious bottles of olive oil on display here; you may, however, see copious bottles of amaro and herbal liqueur.
4) Speaking of which: your Italian Manhattan incorporates a smoky rhubarb liqueur and
your Italian ice incorporates prosecco and Aperol
5) Sharing a bowl of black truffle tagliolini and housemade focaccia garlic knots with a casual date amidst mismatched antique furniture: totally a thing.
Every damn photo in this slideshow
Is this your business?
Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business.
Members receive complimentary guest list
Members receive guest list access for
Hidden Lane Bar
Members and their guests receive 20% off